Intern With Us
U.S. El Salvador Sister Cities is looking for U.S. interns from diverse backgrounds to come learn hands-on while working with international solidarity organizing in rural communities of El Salvador. Specific responsibilities will depend on the academic/professional needs of each intern and their respective institution, but in general interns will:
- Attend events and mobilizations as part of the Salvadoran social movement to provide updates and analysis of current social issues in El Salvador and internationally
- Provide media support for grassroots non-profit organization by creating web content, videos, blogs, etc.
- Spend time living in rural, organized communities working with community leaders on economic development projects, educational projects, and leadership development projects
- Coordinate with US based committees to facilitate and encourage community organizing and advocacy from the US.
- Financial responsibility for housing, food, transportation, and other basic needs while in El Salvador (approximately $400 / month) as well as flight to and from El Salvador.
- Must be FLUENT or NEAR FLUENT in Spanish and English.
- Must commit to a minimum of 12 weeks in El Salvador.
- Ideal candidates are self-motivated, creative, independent workers.
- In country orientation to the organization, intern responsibilities, safety, and cultural differences
- Regular supervision and support by the two El Salvador Coordinators
- Assistance in finding housing
- Coordination with intern´s academic institution and/or professors to ensure specific academic requirements are met during the internship